Saturday 17 June 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Randy Johnson and Bill Rafferty.
Went the Day Well?, directed by Cavalcanti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1944!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1944 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Randy Johnson: American football player (d. 2009).
- Bill Rafferty: American comedian and game show host (d. 2012).
- Chris Spedding: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Nucleus and Sharks).
- Hitler secretly meets with von Rundstedt in Marjival Soissons
- Iceland declares independence from Denmark and becomes a republic.
- Resistance fighter / Poet Col Blake arrives in London
- Republic of Iceland proclaimed at Thingvallir, Iceland.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1944 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Straighten Up And Fly Right - Andrews Sisters
- Arsenic And Old Lace - Jerry Jerome
- Behind Those Swinging Doors - Spike Jones
- She Broke My Heart In Three Places - Hoosier Hot Shots
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?