Saturday 18 January 1936
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Ghost Goes West, directed by Ren Clair, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1936!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1936 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Joseph Parny: French homicide; perpetrator of a tragic family drama on 12/09/1994 at around 2:00 AM MET in Aubevoye, France.
- David Howell: Baron Howell of Guildford English journalist and politician Secretary of State for Transport.
- Rudyard Kipling: British writer born in India; a poet, novelist and journalist who, more than anyone, captured the spirit of British Rule in India.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?