Saturday 18 January 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Lady in the Lake, directed by Robert Montgomery, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1947 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Winnie Wooldridge-shaw: .
- Sachio Kinugasa: Japanese baseball player and journalist.
- Takeshi Kitano: Japanese actor and director.
- Red Mill closes at Ziegfeld Theater NYC after 831 performances
- Detroit Tigers sell Hank Greenberg to Pittsburgh Pirates (for US$25-35,000).
- Small river steamer sinks on Yangtze River, killing 400.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sonata - Jo Stafford
- Managua, Nicaragua - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?