Wednesday 1 January 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Dead Reckoning, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1947 ?
- Jon Corzine: American politician, 54th Governor of New Jersey and former United States Senator from New Jersey.
- Leonard Thompson: American professional golfer.
- Frances Yip: Hong Kong singer.
- James K Glassman: American journalist and diplomat.
- Paula Tsui: Hong Kong singer.
- Peter Lankhorst: Dutch Member of Parliament (PPR).
- Vladimir Georgiyevich Titov in Russia cosmonaut (Soyuz T-8: TM-4, STS 63).
- Alexei Ivanovich: Bobrov in Russia; cosmonaut.
- Gary "BB" Coleman: Blues vocal / guitarist / producer
- Benelux agress to work related issues
- WTTG TV channel 5 in Washington, DC (MET) begins broadcasting
- The United States and Great Britain join their German zones of administration.
- Britain nationalizes its coal industry.
- The American and British occupation zones in Germany, after World War II, merge to form the Bizone, that later became the Federal Republic of Germany.
- The Canadian Citizenship Act 1946 comes into effect, converting British subjects into Canadian citizens. Prime Minister William Lyon Mackenzie King becomes the first Canadian citizen.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?