Friday 10 January 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Alec Effinger and Peer Steinbruck.
13 Rue Madeleine, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Bristol-Myers Tele-Varieties.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1947 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- George Alec Effinger: United States -- Sci-fi author (Nick of Time).
- Peer Steinbruck: German politician.
- George Effinger: American writer of fiction and science-fiction, he wrote for Marvel Comics beginning in 1971.
- James Morris: American opera singer.
- Matthew Oakeshott: Baron Oakeshott of Seagrove Bay English banker and politician.
- Peer Steinbrück: German politician German Minister of Finance
- Tiit Vähi: Estonian engineer and politician 11th Prime Minister of Estonia
- British stop ships Independence and In-Gathering from landing in Israel
- Greek steamer Himara strikes a wartime mine in Saronic Gulf south of Athens with loss of 392 of 637 aboard
- Finian's Rainbow opens at 46th Steet Theater in New York City, New York for 725 performances.
- The United Nations takes control of the free city of Trieste.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons - Dinah Shore
- Ain't Nobody Here but Us Chickens - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?