Tuesday 18 January 1949
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Franz-Olivier Giesbert and Philippe Starck.
A Canterbury Tale, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Your Show Time.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1949!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1949 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Franz-Olivier Giesbert: French author, born to an American father, he is considered, he is also considered as one of the most famous journalists in his maternal country.
- Philippe Starck: French product and interior designer, son of an aeronautics engineer, he attended the Ecole Camondo in Paris.
- Bill Keller: American newspaper editor.
- They Stand Accused courtroom drama premieres on CBS (later DuMont)
- 1st US Congressional standing committee headed by Negro (W Dawson)
- South African Rev Andries P Treurnicht marries Engela Dreyer
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 January 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Red Roses For A Blue Lady - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- Kay Starr - So Tired
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?