Tuesday 18 January 1949
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
A Canterbury Tale, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1949!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1949 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Philippe Starck: French product and interior designer, son of an aeronautics engineer, he attended the Ecole Camondo in Paris.
- Franz-Olivier Giesbert: French author, born to an American father, he is considered, he is also considered as one of the most famous journalists in his maternal country.
- Bill Keller: American newspaper editor.
- They Stand Accused courtroom drama premieres on CBS (later DuMont)
- 1st US Congressional standing committee headed by Negro (W Dawson)
- South African Rev Andries P Treurnicht marries Engela Dreyer
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Red Roses For A Blue Lady - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- Kay Starr - So Tired
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 January 1949 and get them!