Friday 18 July 2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.
Step Brothers, directed by Adam McKay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 2008!
Which were the important events of 18 July 2008 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 July
- Khosrow Shakibai: Iranian actor (Born 1944).
- Warner Bros. Pictures releases the film The Dark Knight to theaters in the USA and Canada. The film sets a one-day US box office record, generating ticket sales of US$66.4 million on opening day. The opening weekend also sets a record, taking in US$155 million.
- A report by the Civil Rights Division of the United States Department of Justice finds that the Cook County Jail, which houses 9,800 people, systematically violated the constitutional rights of its inmates. (''The New York Times'')
- A Cambodian general states that a border stand off between Cambodia and Thailand came close to a shootout last night over land near the World Heritage nominated Prasat Preah Vihear temple. (AP via Google News)
- King Albert II of Belgium rejects the resignation of Prime Minister Yves Leterme, as no compromise was reached on devolution to the regions. (BBC News)
- Australia's Qantas Airways announces plans to cut 1,500 jobs worldwide. (Reuters)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?