Wednesday 9 July 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.
The Dark Knight, directed by Christopher Nolan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 2008!
Which were the important events of 9 July 2008 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 July
- Questioned about conspiratorial ties at a town hall meeting in Portsmouth, Ohio, Senator John McCain does not deny he was president of the New Citizenship Project (forerunner of the neo-conservative Project for the New American Century). Instead he states his pride in the 9/11 Commission. (''Current.com'')
- India formally submits the nuclear safeguards agreement to IAEA to implement the United States-India Peaceful Atomic Energy Cooperation Act. (''The Washington Post'')
- The Senate of the United States approves legislation overhauling the rules for eavesdropping and offering immunity to telecom companies who may have violated wiretapping and privacy laws after the September 11, 2001 attacks. (AP via ''The New York Times'')
- Five peacekeepers are killed and another 17 missing following an ambush on a patrol by the joint United Nations/African Union peacekeeping mission in Darfur. (AP via Google News)
- Three members of the Turkish police force are killed during an armed attack on the United States consulate in Istanbul with three attackers also dead. The US ambassador states that it is an ampquotobvious case of terrorismampquot. (CNN)
- Iran test-fires nine long- and medium-range missiles, including the Shahab-3. (Reuters via ''The New York Times'')
- A road crash near Potosí in southern Bolivia leaves at least 47 dead. It is unclear if the vehicle was a bus or a truck. (ABC News)
- Tillman Thomas succeeds Keith Mitchell as the new Prime Minister of Grenada following the general elections. (The Nation)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?