Saturday 5 July 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.
Hancock, directed by Peter Berg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Sail by James Patterson, Howard Roughan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 2008!
Which were the important events of 5 July 2008 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 July
- Hasan Dogan: the 37th president of the Turkish Football Federation (Born 1956).
- In rugby union, New Zealand defeat World Cup winners South Africa 19ndash8 in the opening match of the Tri Nations. (''The International Herald Tribune'')
- Margaret Hoelzer sets a world record for the 200 metre backstroke at the United States Olympic trials in Omaha, Nebraska. (AP via CNNSI)
- The Mississippi River reopens for traffic after recent flooding. (AP via Forbes)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?