Monday 18 March 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Vanessa L Williams in Tarrytown and Vanessa L Williams.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Our Day Will Come by Ruby and the Romantics.
In UK Summer Holiday by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Trial, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Musik für Sie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1963!
Which were the important events of 18 March 1963 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- Vanessa L Williams in Tarrytown: New York, USA; first black Miss America (1984)/singer ("Colors of the Wind")/actress (Eraser).
- Vanessa L Williams: American beauty queen, actress, and singer.
- Vanessa Williams: American actress, singer and beauty contest winner.
- Connor Byrne: TV Actor.
- Keith Brown: English cricketer.
- Jeff LaBar: American guitarist (Cinderella and Naked Beggars)
- Wanda Hawley: American actress (Born 1895).
- Tovarich opens at Broadway Theater NYC for 264 performances
- WGSF TV channel 31 in Newark, OH (PBS) begins broadcasting
- US Supreme Court's Miranda Decision: defendants must have lawyers.
- ''Gideon v. Wainwright'': The U.S. Supreme Court rules that the poor must have lawyers.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 March 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ruby and the Romantics - Our Day Will Come
- Skeeter Davis - The End Of The World
- Bobby Darin - You're The Reason I'm Living
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- The 4 Seasons - Walk Like A Man
- The Cascades - Rhythm Of The Rain
- The Orlons - South Street
- Eydie Gorme - Blame It On The Bossa Nova
- Johnny Mathis - What Will Mary Say
- Roy Orbison - In Dreams
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?