Wednesday 27 March 1963
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to He's So Fine by The Chiffons.
In UK Summer Holiday by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
It Happened at the World's Fair, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1963!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1963 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Quentin Tarantino: American director, writer, and producer.
- Charly Alberti: Argentinian drummer (Soda Stereo).
- Cory Blackwell: American basketball player and minister.
- Pip Karmel: Australian director and screenwriter.
- Dave Koz: American saxophonist and radio host.
- Jörg Michael: German drummer (Stratovarius Mekong Delta Running Wild Saxon and Rage)
- Bedabrata Pain: Indian director producer and screenwriter
- Ed Pinckney: American basketball player coach and sportscaster
- Filippos Sachinidis: Canadian-Greek economist and politician Minister of Finance for Greece
- Mikhail Scherbakov: Russian singer-songwriter and poet
- Gary Stevens: English-Australian footballer and physiotherapist
- Tim Worstall: English author and blogger
- Xuxa : Brazilian top model, actress, singer and recording artist know as a famous cross between Madonna and Capt. Kangaroo. Noted as a children's TV entertainer, her image sells clothes, dolls, magazines and other paraphernalia. In 1991, George Lucas directed her first international movie with locations in Mexico, California and Brazil. Six-years later, in 9/1997, Xuxa began filming on a new TV series, "Yo Quiero a Xuxa," a Latin version of the American "I Love Lucy."
- Randall Cunningham: American football player, a quarterback selected by the Philadelphia Eagles out of UNLV in the second round (37th pick overall) of the 1985 NFL draft (April 30). Cunningham, black, 6' 4" and 204 lbs, was signed by the Eagles on 7/22/1985. He had a knee injury on 9/01/1991 that kept him on the bench for the 1991 season. He was granted unconditional free agency on 2/16/1996, and was voted to Pro Bowl in 1988 through 1990 seasons.
- Randall Cunningham NFL quarterback (Philadelphia Eagles: Minnesota Vikings).
- Todd Graves in Laurel: Mississippi, USA; skeet (Olympics-1992, 1996).
- Beeching Axe: Dr. Richard Beeching issues a report calling for huge cuts to the United Kingdom's rail network.
- In Britain, Dr. Beeching issues a report calling for huge cuts to the UK's rail network.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- Ruby and the Romantics - Our Day Will Come
- Skeeter Davis - The End Of The World
- The Orlons - South Street
- Bobby Darin - You're The Reason I'm Living
- The Cascades - Rhythm Of The Rain
- Roy Orbison - In Dreams
- Jackie Wilson - Baby Workout
- Bill Pursell - Our Winter Love
- Eydie Gorme - Blame It On The Bossa Nova
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?