Tuesday 21 March 1967
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Happy Together by The Turtles.
In UK Release Me by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Thoroughly Modern Millie, directed by George Roy Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1967!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1967 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Maxim : English singer-songwriter (The Prodigy).
- Jonas Berggren: Swedish singer-songwriter and producer (Ace of Base).
- Adrian Chiles: British television and radio presenter.
- Carwyn Jones: Welsh lawyer and politician First Minister of Wales.
- Elaina Oden: Orange, California -- Volleyball middle blocker (1992, 96 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Maxim Reality: British MC (The Prodigy)
- Troy Westwood: Canadian Football League kicker (Winnipeg Blue Bombers).
- A military coup takes place in Sierra Leone.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- The Mama's & The Papa's - Dedicated To The One I Love
- The Beatles - Penny Lane
- Herman's Hermits - There's A Kind Of Hush
- Johnny Rivers - Baby I Need Your Lovin'
- Mitch Ryder - Sock It To Me - Baby!
- The Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth (Stop, Hey What's That Sound)
- Ed Ames - My Cup Runneth Over
- The Supremes - Love Is Here And Now You're Gone
- The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?