Monday 18 May 1959
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Kansas City by Wilbert Harrison.
In UK A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1959!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1959 ?
- Jay Procopio: American homicide; an unemployed construction worker accused of killing his infant son on 3/20/1992.
- Denis Favier: French instruction officer of the police and the Section Chief.
- Graham Dilley: English cricketer and coach (d. 2011).
- Jay Wells: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Judy by David Seville hits #86
- Russian Band Stand by Spencer and Spencer hits #91
- Launch of the National Liberation Committee of Cote d'Ivoire in Conakry, Guinea.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- Dave Baby Cortez - The Happy Organ
- The Impalas - Sorry (I Ran All The Way Home)
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Dodie Stevens - Pink Shoe Laces
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- Edward Byrnes - Kookie, Kookie (Lend Me Your Comb)
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
- Fabian - Turn Me Loose
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?