Saturday 18 November 2006
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to My Love by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Put Your Hands Up For Detroit by Fedde Le Grande was in the top 5 hits.
Deja Vu, directed by Tony Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while You: On a Diet by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strutter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Atelier Iris 3: Grand Fantasm or Buzz!: The Big Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 2006!
Which were the important events of 18 November 2006 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 November
- President of Turkmenistan ampquotTurkmenbashiampquot Saparmurat Niyazov schedules a second eye operation in Germany in January amid rumors that his health is poor. President Niyazov cannot be operated on in Turkmenistan because earlier this year he signed a decree that closed all hospitals outside of Ashgabat and replaced most healthcare staff with soldiers. (World Medical Association)
- War in Chad (2005–present) and Central African Republic Bush War:
- Chad has offered to send troops to the Central African Republic to help fight rebels it claims are backed by Sudan. (BBC)
- Chad has imposed a 12-day curfew in its capital to counter growing tension between Arab tribes and local inhabitants. (Aljazeera)
- The annual Leonid meteor shower could produce a strong outburst this weekend for residents of New York and New England in the USA, the Maritimes in Canada and in Western Europe. (Space.com)
- 2006 Tonga riots:
- About 150 soldiers and police officers from Australia and New Zealand have arrived in Tonga following an appeal for help to restore order after riots. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?