Thursday 18 October 2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Xavier Trudeau .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
American Gangster, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Genius of Photography.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Armageddon Empires or Clear (visual novel).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 2007!
Which were the important events of 18 October 2007 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Xavier Trudeau: Canadian newsmaker, the first-born child to Liberal politician Justin Trudeau and his wife Sophie Grégoire, a CTV entertainment reporter.
- Karachi bombings: A suicide attack on a motorcade carrying former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto kills 139 and wounds 450 more. Bhutto herself is not injured.
- Oil prices reach $90 a barrel for the first time due to the low dollar and ongoing tension between Turkey and Iraq. (BBC)
- The BBC announces 1,800 job cuts as part of restructuring to fill a £2 billion (US$4 bn) shortfall caused by lower than expected funding by the British government. (AFP via Google)
- At least four people are killed in three days of tribal warfare near the Grasberg mine in the Papua province of Indonesia. (BBC)
- French commuters face chaos after a public transport strike over proposed changes to pensions of transit workers continue. (Reuters)
- Cécilia and Nicolas Sarkozy file for divorce. (CNN)
- Return of Benazir Bhutto:
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?