Wednesday 19 January 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Green-Eyed Monster, directed by J. Gordon Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 19 January 1916 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Beatrice Fairfax Episode 13: The Ringer
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 19 January 1916 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
See other famous people born on 19 January
Louis Simonneaux: French prelate of the Roman Catholic Church who was one of the oldest living bishops and one of the oldest French bishops at the time of his death.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1916?
- Science: Science vol. 43 issue 1098
- Science: Science vol. 43 issue 1097
- Science: Science vol. 42 issue 1096
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Alongside William Faulkner and John Updike, Booth Tarkington is one of just three authors to win the Pulitzer Prize more than once. Tarkington accomplished the feat with Alice Adams and The Magnificent Ambersons, dramas that explored the lives of fictional ...
Dodo Collections brings you another classic from Harold Bell Wright, ‘When A Man’s A Man.’ This is the story of a man who regained that which in his youth had been lost to him; and of how, even when he ...
Just David is a 1916 children's novel by Eleanor H. Porter. It was among the top six bestsellers in cities across the United States in 1916, and in July 1916 it was the second bestselling novel.
Mr Britling Sees It Through was first published in 1916. Set in the summer of 1914 the main hero, Mr Britling, is an eccentric writer whose days are spent at luxurious house parties socialising with a lot of international guests.
Tell the world why 19 January 1916 is such a special date for you!