Thursday 19 January 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Helen of Troy, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1956 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Carman Licciardello: American singer.
- Carman : American singer-songwriter actor and television host.
- Hoboken dedicates a plaque honoring achievements of Alexander Cartwright in organizing early baseball at Elysian Field.
- The General Motors Motorama show opens in the Waldorf Astoria in New York City, running for nine days. The 1956 Corvette makes its debut. The Corvette Impala show car is displayed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 January 1956 and get them!