Monday 19 June 1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Candy Man by Sammy Davis Jr..
In UK Vincent by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Ben, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1972!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1972 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Frank Verlaque: French drug addict and homicide victim, beaten to death by his dad, Andre, after he threatened Andre 9/02/1994, 1:02 AM MEDT, Trets, France.
- Dennis Lyxzen: Swedish musician.
- Eric Sheffer Stevens: American actor.
- Dennis Lyxzén: Swedish singer-songwriter (Refused AC4 Invasionen and The (International) Noise Conspiracy).
- Ilya Markov: Russian race walker.
- Brian McBride: American soccer player and coach
- Poppy Montgomery: Australian-American actress and producer
- Gillian Bayford: On 10 August 2012 , together with her husband Adrian they won 148 Millions Euro, the UK's second-biggest lottery winners. At that time they lived in Suffolk.
- Andre Strode: CFL defensive back (BC Lions)
- Anna Van der Kamp: Abbotsford, British Columbia -- Rower (1996 Olympics)
- Millard Coleman: CFL receiver (Montreal Alouettes)
- Jean Dujardin: French actor and comedian, he received the Best Actor award at the 2011 film Cannes Film Festival for his portrayal of George Valentin in the movie, "L'Artiste." In early 2012 he and the movie received Golden Globe awards..
- Robin Tunney: American actress
- Max Louarn: French-American producer of computer software, responsible for the sale of Nintendo network and video games. He went to prison in Virginia for piracy, reproducing computer disks illegally.
- Eric Stevens: American actor, he has been seen in the soap opera "As the World Turns"
- 40,000 pilots strike against naval officer
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- Gallery - Nice To Be With You
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Jimmy Castor - Troglodyte (Cave Man)
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
- The 5th Dimension - (Last Night) I Didn't Get To Sleep At All
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?