Monday 26 June 1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Song Sung Blue by Neil Diamond.
In UK Vincent by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Duck, You Sucker, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1972!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1972 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Asako Tajimi: Japanese volleyball player.
- Jai Taurima: Australian long jumper and police officer.
- Jerris McPhail: Running back (Miami Dolphins).
- Garou : Canadian singer widely known for his role of Quasimodo in "Notre-Dame de Paris", he began by covering Joe Cocker's songs in a bar.
- David Lichine [Lichtenstein]: Russian / US choreographer, dies at 61.
- IRA proclaims resistant in North-Ireland
- Nolan Bushnell and Ted Dabney co-found Atari.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
- Jimmy Castor - Troglodyte (Cave Man)
- Gallery - Nice To Be With You
- Elton John - Rocket Man
- America - I Need You
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?