Monday 19 June 2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Hips Don't Lie by Shakira.
In UK I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair) by Sandi Thom was in the top 5 hits.
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, directed by Gore Verbinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Three Sheets.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing ATV Offroad Fury 4 or Bubble Bobble Evolution.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 2006!
Which were the important events of 19 June 2006 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 June
- A meteor show is observed in various places in Pennsylvania, USA.
- Prime ministers of several northern European nations participate in a ceremonial ''laying of the first stone'' at the Svalbard Global Seed Vault in Spitsbergen, Norway.
- Kathleen Blanco, the Governor of the U.S. state of Louisiana, calls in the Louisiana National Guard to patrol the streets of New Orleans following six deaths on the preceding weekend. (''Chicago Tribune'')
- The United States Army charges three soldiers of the 101st Airborne Division 3rd Brigade Combat Team with murder in relation to the deaths of three men in custody in Iraq. (''USA Today'')
- The Mujahedeen Shura Council in Iraq claims that they have captured two United States soldiers. (CBC)
- Iraqi prosecutors in the Trials of Saddam Hussein call for Saddam Hussein to be sentenced to death, together with his half brother Barzan al-Tikriti and former vice-president Taha Yassin Ramadan. (Daily Mail)
- North Korea is said to be readying for long-range missile test of Taepadong-2 missile thought to have a range which includes the western USA coastline. (CNN)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 June 2006
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?