Friday 25 May 1973
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Earl Mackey and Duncan Free.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Frankenstein by Edgar Winter.
In UK See My Baby Jive by Wizzard was in the top 5 hits.
Ivan Vasilievich: Back to the Future, directed by Leonid Gaidai, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Once Is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Catch Kandy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or Lemonade Stand.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1973!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1973 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Earl Mackey: NFL linebacker (Minnesota Vikings).
- Duncan Free: Australian rower (Olympics-1996).
- Maria Jose Gaidano in Buenos Aires: Argentina; tennis star (1993 Belgian doubles).
- Racquel Spurlock: WNBA center (Houston Comets).
- Francesco Bianconi: Italian singer and songwriter, the frontman of the Tuscan group Baustelle.
- Marco Meoni: Italian athlete, member of the men's volleyball team that won a Bronze Medal at the Atlanta Olympics, 8/04/1996.
- Daz Dillinger: American rapper and producer (Tha Dogg Pound)
- Al-Saadi Gaddafi: Libyan footballer
- Demetri Martin: American comedian actor and singer
- Molly Sims: American model and actress
- George Harrison releases Give Me Love in the UK
- US launches first Skylab; crew Kerwin, Conrad, Weitz.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?