Thursday 17 May 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to You Are The Sunshine Of My Life by Stevie Wonder.
In UK See My Baby Jive by Wizzard was in the top 5 hits.
Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Once Is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1973!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1973 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Deitrick Haddon: Gospel Singer.
- Sasha Alexander: American television actress.
- Steve Barakatt: Canadian singer-songwriter pianist and producer.
- Tamsier Joof: English actor dancer and choreographer.
- Matthew McGrory: American actor (Born 1973).
- Josh Homme: American musician and songwriter (Queens of the Stone Age)
- Jay Riemersma: tight end (Buffalo Bills).
- Alexander J Kropholler: Dutch architect/writer, dies at age 91.
- Nash at Nine opens at Helen Hayes Theater NYC for 21 performances
- Senate Watergate Committee begins its hearings
- Stevie Wonder releases You are the Sunshine of my Love
- Joe Ferguson hits the 6,000th Brooklyn Dodgers' homerun.
- US Senate Watergate Committee begins its hearings.
- US performs three nuclear tests at Rifle, Colorado.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- Edgar Winter - Frankenstein
- Stevie Wonder - You Are The Sunshine Of My Life
- Elton John - Daniel
- The Sweet - Little Willy
- Sylvia - Pillow Talk
- Dobie Gray - Drift Away
- Stealers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle With You
- Skylark - Wildflower
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?