Tuesday 21 August 2012
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Whistle by Flo Rida.
Starship Troopers: Invasion, directed by Shinji Aramaki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Big City.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bad Piggies or Devil's Attorney.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 2012!
Which were the important events of 21 August 2012 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 August
- Syrian civil war:
- Russia sends a warning in reaction to what it perceives as threats by the United States, made yesterday. Russia still proposes to help negotiate a deadline to stop violence. (RIA Novosti)
- The Armenian Secret Army for the Liberation of Armenia (ASALA) threatens to attack Turkey if Turkey continues its policy regarding Syria. (''Hürriyet Daily News'')
- The Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs confirms the death of journalist Mika Yamamoto, who was shot and killed while reporting on fighting in the northwestern city of Aleppo. (AP via ''The Washington Post'')
- Ireland's Army Bomb Disposal Team receives four calls in the capital Dublin: among them is a false alarm, dealt with at the Israeli embassy in Ballsbridge. (Reuters)
- Oil imports to China from Iran fall 28 percent in July and 30 percent in 2012. (Reuters)
- 2012 Philippine Piper Seneca crash:
- A search and rescue team recovers the body of former Philippines Interior and Local Government Secretary Jesse Robredo after a crash that claimed his life and two others on Saturday off Masbate. (''Philippine Daily Inquirer'')
- Philippine President Benigno Aquino III declares national days of mourning with flags flying at half-mast with a state funeral to be held within several days. (Rappler)
- Executive Secretary Paquito Ochoa, Jr. is named acting Secretary of Interior and Local Government. (GMA News)
- At least 20 people in the Democratic Republic of the Congo die from the Ebola virus disease. (CNN)
- Tropical Storm Isaac forms in the Atlantic Ocean with tropical storm warnings in place for Puerto Rico, the US and British Virgin Islands, Martinique, Dominica, Guadeloupe, St Martin, St Kitts, Nevis, Antigua, Barbuda, Montserrat, Anguilla, Saba, St Eustatius, St Maarten, Culebra and Vieques. (AAP via News Limited)
- United States Congressman Todd Akin, who is also a candidate for the United States Senate, vows to continue as the US-wide fall-out over his rape, pregancy and anti-abortion comments rages on. (RTÉ News)
- The Constitutional Court of Romania invalidates the presidential impeachment referendum held on July 29. (Antena 3)
- Iran unveils a new version of a short range surface-to-surface ballistic missile, named the Fateh-110 or Conqueror, and five pieces of military hardware. (Mehrnews)
- In the debate on cosmogony, ''Physical Review'' publishes a study describing the Big Bang, 13.7 billion years ago, as actually a phase change ruled by event symmetry, possibly explaining better how our well-known spacetime could originate from original matter. (Space.com)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 August 2012
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2012 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?