Saturday 21 January 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Gunga Din, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1939 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Reuben Mark: American executive and CEO in charge of Colgate-Palmolive, a manufacturer of personal care and home-use products.
- Mary Ellen McAnally: Illinois, United States -- Poet (Dance of the Zygotes).
- Steve Paxton: American experimental dancer and choreographer.
- Wolfman Jack [Bob Smith] in Brooklyn: New York, USA; DJ (Midnight Special).
- Tom Stith: American athlete, a pro basketball player.
- Paul Genevay: French pro field and track star who ran the 4 X 100 meter relay with Bernard Laidebeur, Claude Piquemal and Jocelyn Delecour at the Tokyo Olympics in 1964.
- US female Figure Skating championship won by Joan Tozzer.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?