Monday 21 June 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Dolan and Larry Wachowski.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Mr. Tambourine Man by The Byrds.
In UK Crying In The Chapel by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Cat Ballou, directed by Elliot Silverstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vision On.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1965!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1965 ?
- Michael Dolan: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma -- Actor (Hamburger Hill, Liberace).
- Larry Wachowski: American film director.
- François Baroin: French journalist and politician, mayor of Troyes, his career was launched by Jacques Chirac.
- David Beerling: English biologist and academic.
- Yang Liwei: Chinese general pilot and astronaut.
- Ewen McKenzie: Australian rugby player and coach
- Lana Wachowski: American director producer and screenwriter
- Bernard M Baruch: Presidential Advisor (termed "Cold War"), dies at 94.
- 65th US Golf Open: Gary Player shoots 282 at Bellerive Country Club - St. Louis
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Herman's Hermits - Wonderful World
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
- The Yardbirds - For Your Love
- Patti Page - Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- Johnny Rivers - Seventh Son
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?