Tuesday 23 February 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Remember Me, directed by Allen Coulter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Dear John by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 2010!
Which were the important events of 23 February 2010 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 February
- Unknown criminals pour more than 2.5 million liters of diesel oil and other hydrocarbons into the river Lambro, in Northern Italy, causing an environmental disaster.
- Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir and the main Darfur rebel group, the Justice and Equality Movement, sign a ceasefire deal. (BBC)
- Former Irish Green Party leader Trevor Sargent resigns as Minister of State for Food and Horticulture after admitting ampquotan error of judgmentampquot involving his contacts with the Garda Síochána. (''The Irish Times'')
- Assassination of Hamas official in Dubai:
- One of the first five passport holders used a vacant Dublin home address belonging to the brother of former Taoiseach Albert Reynolds. (''The Irish Times'')
- A United Nations report says mobile phones are used by around 4.6 billion in total or two-thirds of the world population, including more than half of people in the developing world. (''Globe and Mail'')
- China increases controls on the internet, requiring anyone who wishes to set up a website to produce identification and meet regulators. (''China Daily'')
- Mauritania recalls its ambassador from Mali after the latter released four members of Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb. (Reuters South Africa)
- Iranian authorities arrest the leader of the Jundullah, Abdolmalek Rigi, a Sunni militant organisation based in southeastern Iran. (CNN)
- At least five people are killed and dozens buried in a landslide near Bandung in West Java, Indonesia. (''New Straits Times'')
- A 250lb car bomb explodes outside a courthouse in Newry, Northern Ireland, the first such bomb to explode in the area since 2000. (BBC)
- Danish Prime Minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen carries out a major cabinet reshuffling, bringing in female ministers in charge of Defence and Foreign Affairs, the first in Denmark's history. (''Copenhagen Post'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?