Wednesday 24 February 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Remember Me, directed by Allen Coulter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Dear John by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hjernevask.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing APB: All Points Bulletin or Dance Central.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 2010!
Which were the important events of 24 February 2010 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 February
- The discovery of the sauropod genus ''Abydosaurus'' is announced. (''Irish Times'')
- Toyota's President Akio Toyoda apologises to the United States Congress for safety problems that led to deaths and worldwide recalls of its vehicles. (''New York Times'')
- Prime Minister of the Ivory Coast Guillaume Soro announces the formation of a new government after 48 hours of negotiations, and opposition parties demand the reinstatement of the electoral commission. (Al Jazeera)
- Cuban President Raúl Castro ampquotlamentsampquot the death of political prisoner Orlando Zapata, who was on a hunger strike for more than 80 days in protest of prison conditions in the country. (Reuters)
- RasGas, a joint venture of Qatar Petroleum and ExxonMobil, starts its seventh LNG train, ensuring Qatar's position as the world's biggest producer of liquefied natural gas. (Bloomberg)
- Oxfam Hong Kong suspends its student training programme in China after the Chinese government said the charity had ampquotunfriendly intentionsampquot. (My Sin Chew)
- Sachin Tendulkar becomes the first cricketer in history to score a double century in One Day International cricket. (Rediff)
- The Ministry of Commerce of the People's Republic of China rejects Tengzhong's bid to purchase Hummer from General Motors. (''New York Times'')
- The first Vincent van Gogh to be authenticated since 1995 goes on display at a Zwolle museum 26 years after the death of the museum founder who first identified it. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?