Saturday 27 February 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Alice in Wonderland, directed by Tim Burton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Dear John by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 2010!
Which were the important events of 27 February 2010 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 February
- An earthquake measuring 8.8 on the Richter scale strikes central parts of Chile leaving over 500 victims, and thousands injured.
- The death toll is revealed to be more than 140 at this point. (Sky News)
- President Michelle Bachelet declares parts of her country as ampquotcatastrophe zonesampquot as Pacific Ocean cities brace themselves for potential tsunamis and waves of over 2 metres strike Juan Fernández. (BBC)
- New Zealand's Chatham Islands, French Polynesia, Hawaii and Ecuador's Galápagos Islands are among the other world areas struck by the resulting tsunami as the ampquotbiggest tsunami warning in historyampquot gets underway. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh arrives in Saudi Arabia on the first PM visit there since Indira Gandhi's in 1982. (''The Hindu'')
- Egyptian prosecutors begin investigating yesterday's incident where an Italian cruise liner smashed into a dock at Sharm el-Sheikh during severe weather conditions, killing sailors from Brazil, Honduras and India and injuring several passengers. (''Herald Sun'')
- At least 2 die and 7 injuries are caused in a skirmish between two religious groups in Dera Ghazi Khan in Pakistan. (''The News International'')
- 19 are killed and dozens are injured by firecrackers during the Lantern Festival celebrations in Puning, Guangdong. (''The Times of Ina'')
- A drought causes at least 10 billion yuan ($1.46 billion) in direct economic loss at Fanaga village of Luquan county, near Kunming, capital of Yunnan. (''China Daily'')
- Police in Turkey arrest at least 18 people in connection with an alleged coup plot. '' (CNN)''
- Constitutional judges in Colombia reject a referendum to allow President Álvaro Uribe to stand for a third term in office. (Colombia Reports)
- 10 people die and at least 20 are injured after Islamic militant group Abu Sayyaf attacks a village in Maluso, Basilan early in the morning. (''The Snydey Morning Herald'')
- 3 people die and over 20 are injured after a suicide bomber targets a police station with his van in Karak, Pakistan. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Thousands of people protest in Visaginas about a four-fold rise in electricity prices after their local Ignalina Nuclear Power Plant was shut down. (euronews)
- Drinks firm Gatorade ends its endorsement deal with golfer Tiger Woods after his string of extra-marital affairs. (''The Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2010 ?
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?