Monday 23 February 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Right Round by Flo Rida.
He's Just Not That Into You, directed by Ken Kwapis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Associate by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 2009!
Which were the important events of 23 February 2009 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 February
- The Standard & Poor's 500 Index post its lowest closes since the spring of 1997, dropping 26.71 points, or 3.47 percent, to 743.34.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average posts its lowest closes since the spring of 1997, dropping 250.73 points, or 3.40 percent, to 7,114.94.
- American Express offers US$300 to a limited number of U.S. card holders who pay off their balances and close their accounts.
- Member of Parliament Peter Archer's report into the United Kingdom's tainted blood scandal chiefly blames United States pharmaceutical companies that provided contaminated blood plasma, thus infecting approximately 5,700 hemophiliacs with HIV or hepatitis C. (AP via Google News)
- A Paris court rejects a bid to block the auction of two China-claimed Qing Dynasty sculptures that are part of Yves Saint Laurent's art collection. (Reuters)
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average and SP 500 fall to their lowest levels since 1997. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- Pope Benedict XVI selects Archbishop Timothy Dolan to succeed Cardinal Edward Egan as New York's Archdiocese. (''New York Times'')
- The death toll from recent bushfires in Victoria reaches 210 as they threaten Belgrave. (ABC News Australia)
- Ethiopian national Benyam Mohammed is released from Guantanamo Bay Naval Base's detention camp. (Sky News)
- South Korea's Defense Ministry reports that North Korea has medium-range ballistic missiles capable of striking U.S. military bases. (CNN)
- India approves a £1.7-billion plan to launch its first astronauts into outer space by 2015. (''Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?