Wednesday 3 February 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Valentine's Day, directed by Garry Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Dear John by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 February 2010!
Which were the important events of 3 February 2010 ?
- Saints Berlindis, Celsa and Nona.
- Japan - the festival of Setsubun before spring.
- United States - Four Chaplains Day.
- Saint Blaise, Catholics visit churches to have their throats blessed.
- Saint Ansgar, patron saint of Denmark
- Mozambique - Heroes' Day.
- Saint Werburgh
- Saint Hadelin (+690)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 February
- Regina: Crown Princess of Austria (Born 1925).
- The sculpture ''L'Homme qui marche I'' by Alberto Giacometti sells in London for £65 million (US$103.7 million), setting a new world record for a work of art sold at auction.
- A major fireball is reported in the skies over Ireland, lighting up ampquotthe whole countryampquot. (''The Irish Times'')
- ''Avatar'' becomes the highest grossing film in the U.S. and Canada while surpassing the 2 billion dollars mark in worldwide sales. (BoxOfficeMojo)
- Judges at the International Criminal Court rule that Sudan's president Omar al-Bashir could face charges of genocide over the War in Darfur. (CNN)
- Pirates off the coast of Somalia seize a North Korean-flagged cargo ship south of Yemen. (CNN)
- NASA and Cornell University have given up attempting to move the ''Spirit'' rover, currently stuck in sand near Home Plate, Gusev crater on the planet Mars, and are converting it into a stationary outpost. Its twin rover, ''Opportunity'', remains mobile on Mars. (Space.com)
- Malaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim goes on trial in Kuala Lumpur, accused of sodomy. (AFP)
- A man detonates a homemade bomb outside a shopping mall in Darwin, Australia, wounding 15 people. (''The Australian'')
- A bombing near a girls' school in Lower Dir, Pakistan kills seven, including three U.S. Marines, marking the first time U.S. soldiers are killed in that country. (Al Jazeera)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?