Thursday 23 July 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The King of the Beggars, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1914 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Nassos Daphnis: Greek-American painter (d.2010).
- Virgil Finlay: American horror illustrator (Born 1914).
- Elly Schneider: German-American actress (d. 2004).
- Alastair Down: CEO (Burmah Oil).
- Austria-Hungary issues an ultimatum to Serbia demanding Serbia to allow the Austrians to determine who assassinated Archduke Franz Ferdinand. Serbia will reject those demands and Austria will declare war on July 28.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?