Sunday 5 July 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The King of the Beggars, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1914 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- John Dunlop: American economist, industrial relations expert, administrator and labor scholar.
- Jacob Soetendorp: Dutch rabbi.
- de Boissieu: Chartres Military man.
- Annie Fischer: Hungarian pianist and composer (d. 1995).
- Gerda Gilboe: Danish actress and singer (d. 2009).
- Alain Boissieu: French general, Free French, Compagnon de la Libération, Army chief of staff (1971–1975) and son-in-law of general Charles de Gaulle. He died on 5 April 2006.
- Germany offers Austria war aid to fight against Russia in Serbia
- Boston Braves are 15 games back in National League, and win the World Series.
- A council is held at Potsdam.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- In the Town Where I was Born - Owen McCormack
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1914?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?