Friday 31 July 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Patchwork Girl of Oz, directed by J. Farrell MacDonald, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1914 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Paul Christiansen: American conductor and composer (d. 1997).
- Louis de Funès: French actor and screenwriter (d. 1983).
- Jose Ignacio Domecq: Wine maker.
- Louis De Funes: Courbevoie, France -- Actor (I Tartassati, Fantomas).
- Louis Funès: French film actor, comedian, interior decorator, pianist of Spanish origin, born near Paris, the day when Jean Jaurès was killed in Paris.
- Raymond Aubrac: French army engineering officer, who became a leader of the French Resistance during the Second World War and a civil engineer after the Second World War.
- Louis Funes: France Actor
- Josette Day: French film actress, best known for playing Belle, alongside Jean Marais, in Jean Cocteau's 1946 film "La Belle et la Bête" ("Beauty and the Beast").
- Jean Jaures: French politician (d. 1859).
- German Emperor Wilhelm II threatens war, orders Russia to demobilize
- Oil discovered in Lake of Maracaibo
- The New York Stock Exchange closes its doors due to the war in Europe.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When the Angelus is Ringing - Peerless Quartet
- In the Valley of the Moon - Elizabeth Spencer & Vernon Archibald
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1914?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?