Thursday 2 July 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The King of the Beggars, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1914 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Frederick Fennell Cleveland Ohio: conductor (Time and the Winds).
- Frederick Fennell: American conductor and educator (d. 2004).
- Ethelreda Leopold: American actress (d. 1988).
- Mário Schenberg: Brazilian physicist and engineer (d. 1990).
- Erich Topp: German submarine commander (Born 1914).
- Mario Schenberg: Brazilian physicist (d. 1990)
- Joseph Chamberlain: American astronomer and geophysicist who published many works on auroral, airglow and planetary astronomy.
- The German Kaiser announces that he will not attend the Archduke's funeral.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Celebratin' Day in Tennessee - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- You're Here and I'm Here - Harry Macdonough & Olive Kline
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1914?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?