Thursday 2 July 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The King of the Beggars, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1914 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Frederick Fennell Cleveland Ohio: conductor (Time and the Winds).
- Frederick Fennell: American conductor and educator (d. 2004).
- Ethelreda Leopold: American actress (d. 1988).
- Mário Schenberg: Brazilian physicist and engineer (d. 1990).
- Erich Topp: German submarine commander (Born 1914).
- Mario Schenberg: Brazilian physicist (d. 1990)
- Joseph Chamberlain: American astronomer and geophysicist who published many works on auroral, airglow and planetary astronomy.
- The German Kaiser announces that he will not attend the Archduke's funeral.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Celebratin' Day in Tennessee - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- You're Here and I'm Here - Harry Macdonough & Olive Kline
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?