Thursday 23 June 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Seven Little Foys, directed by Melville Shavelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1955!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1955 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Jordan: British actress and model.
- Debbie Boostrom: Peoria, Illinois -- Playmate (Aug, 1981).
- Pierre Corbeil: Canadian dentist and politician.
- Maggie Greenwald: American director and screenwriter.
- Maggie Philbin: English radio and television host.
- Pamela Rooke: English model and actress
- Jean Tigana: French footballer and manager
- Glenn Danzig: Punk Singer
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Something's Gotta Give (orchestra Of Sy Oliver) - Sammy Davis Jr.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?