Sunday 19 June 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Seven Little Foys, directed by Melville Shavelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1955!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1955 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Paul Coia: Scottish radio broadcaster and TV personality.
- Terrance Taylor: American noted family, the son of Robert Taylor and Ursula Thiess.
- Mary O'Connor: New Zealand runner.
- Mary Schapiro: American lawyer and politician.
- 55th US Golf Open: Jack Fleck shoots a 287 at Olympic Country Club - San Francisco
- Phils beat Cubs 1-0 in 15, ties longest shut out in Phillies history
- Mickey Mantle hits career home run number 100.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Bill Hayes - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Fess Parker - Ballad Of Davy Crockett
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?