Tuesday 14 June 1955
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kim Lankford and Larry Burrows.
In UK Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
Summertime, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1955!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1955 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Kim Lankford: Montebello, California -- Actress (Gingers-Knots Landing).
- Larry Burrows: Fictional character (Mr Destiny).
- Vince Evans: NFL quarterback (Oakland Raiders).
- Michael D Duvall: American state politician.
- Paul O'Grady: English comedian, television presenter, actor, writer and radio DJ.
- Chile becomes a signatory to the Buenos Aires copyright treaty.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Bill Hayes - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Fess Parker - Ballad Of Davy Crockett
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?