Wednesday 1 June 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Unchained Melody by Les Baxter & His Orchestra.
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
The Seven Year Itch, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1955!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1955 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Chiyonofuji : Japanese grand champion sumo wrester, top ranking to the end of his career when he made an prestigious retirement.
- Tony Snow: American journalist and Press Secretary to President George W. Bush from May 8, 2006.
- Chiyonofuji Mitsugu: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 58th Yokozuna.
- Lorraine Moller: Boulder, Colorado -- NZ athelete (1996 Olympics).
- Habib Bourguiba ends exile from Tunisia
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Bill Hayes - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Fess Parker - Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?