Tuesday 23 October 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Betsy Nagelsen and Darrell Pace.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
I Vitelloni, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tales of the 77th Bengal Lancers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1956 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Betsy Nagelsen: St. Petersburg, Florida -- Tennis star.
- Darrell Pace: Cincinnati, Ohio -- Archer (1976, 84, 88 Olympics - 2 Gold / Silver Medals).
- Xavier Fortin: French man known for having raised alone his two sons, born in 1990 and 92, in nature from 1998 to 2009.
- Dwight Yoakam: American 6 ft.
- Akie Asaka: Japanese comedian and actress.
- Dianne Reeves: American singer
- 1st video recording on magnetic tape televised coast-to-coast
- First video recording on magnetic tape televised in USA, coast-to-coast.
- Revolt against Stalinist policies begins in Hungary.
- Thousands of Hungarians protest against the government and Soviet occupation. (The Hungarian Revolution is crushed on November 4).
- The Hungarian revolution breaks out against the pro-Soviet government. Hungary attempts to leave the Warsaw Pact.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 October 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?