Tuesday 25 December 1934, Christmas
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Forsaking All Others, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1934!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1934 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- John Ashley in Kansas City: Missouri, USA; actor (Clipper - Straightaway).
- McKinley Mitchell: American gospel/singer ("The Town I Live In").
- Bob Martinez: American politician (Governor-Florida).
- Giancarlo Baghetti: Italian race-car driver in Formula One.
- Four centuries for South Africa as they make 7-644 versus Queensland before 6,180.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1934 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Blue Danube - Ray Noble & His Orchestra
- Believe it, Beloved - Fats Waller
- Love is Just Around the Corner - Bing Crosby
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?