Tuesday 25 November 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
Twilight, directed by Catherine Hardwicke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Unsung.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Enduro Racer or Ai Space.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 November 2008!
Which were the important events of 25 November 2008 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 November
- The US Federal Reserve announces it will buy up to US$100 billion of debt issued by mortgage enterprises, and it will also buy up to US$500 billion of mortgage securities.
- A car bomb in St. Petersburg, Russia, kills three people and injures one.
- Reports indicate that President-elect Barack Obama has decided to keep Robert Gates as the United States Secretary of Defense and tap Marine General James L. Jones as National Security Advisor. (''USA Today'')
- Armenia retains their championship title by beating China 2.5-1.5 in the 11th and final round at the 38th Chess Olympiad in Dresden, Germany. (AP via Google News)
- Three people are killed in a car bombing near the Udelnaya Metro station in Saint Petersburg, Russia. (AFP via Google News)
- BHP Billiton, the world's largest mining company, withdraws a $66 billion bid for the Rio Tinto Group due to the global financial crisis. (Bloomberg)
- Israel again seals off the Gaza Strip in response to rocket attacks. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- 2008 Thai political crisis:
- Thousands of tourists are left stranded at Suvarnabhumi Airport after protests against the return of the Prime Minister of Thailand from the APEC Peru 2008 summit. (''Melbourne Herald-Sun'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?