Tuesday 26 December 1972
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Me And Mrs. Jones by Billy Paul.
In UK My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry was in the top 5 hits.
Cries & Whispers, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 December 1972!
Which were the important events of 26 December 1972 ?
- Australia - Proclamation Day (South Australian public holiday), for the foundation of the Australian state of South Australia on December 28, 1836 but commemorated on this day.
- Wrenboys celebrate Wren in Ireland
- Period of Ursids meteor shower ends about this day
- Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia - Tsunami Awareness Day/Tsunami Memorial (or Remembrance) Day
- Mandala Pooja at Sabarimala in Kerala, India
- First day of Kwanzaa
- First day of Junkanoo street parade in the Bahamas (the second day is on the New Year's Day)
- Wren day in Ireland and the Isle of Man.
- Boxing Day in the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The first day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- St. Stephen's Day, a public holiday in Catalonia, Croatia, Czech Republic, and the Republic of Ireland.
- R.C. Saints - Saint Stephen
- South Africa - Day of Goodwill, a public holiday
- Slovenia - Independence and Unity Day (1990)
- Burnell Roques: NFL wide receiver (Atlanta Falcons).
- Derrick Cullors: running back (New England Patriots).
- Ben Davis: American basketball player: forward, Suns.
- Esteban Fuertes: Argentinian footballer.
- Shane Meadows: English actor director and producer.
- Jared Leto in Bossier City: Louisiana, USA; actor (Jordan - My So Called Life).
- Jérôme Le Banner: French kickboxer and K-1 fighter, famous for his aggressive fighting style and knockout power.
- Robert Muchamore: English children's author
- Vietnam War: As part of Operation Linebacker II, 120 American B-52 Stratofortress bombers attacked Hanoi, including 78 launched from Andersen Air Force Base in Guam, the largest single combat launch in Strategic Air Command history.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Clair
- Al Green - You Ought To Be With Me
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California
- Donna Fargo - Funny Face
- Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
- Johnny Rivers - Rockin' Pneumonia - Boogie Woogie Flu
- Curtis Mayfield - Superfly
- Kenny Loggins - Your Mama Don't Dance
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling
- The New Seekers - I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony)
- The Osmonds - Crazy Horses
- Neil Reid - Mother Of Mine
- Little Jimmy Osmond - Long Haired Lover From Liverpool
- Benny Hill - Ernie (The Fastest Milkman In The West)
- Slade - GudBuy T'Jane
- Congregation - Softly Whispering I Love You
- Donny Osmond - Why
- Middle Of The Road - Soley Soley
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?