Wednesday 20 December 1972
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Me And Mrs. Jones by Billy Paul.
In UK My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry was in the top 5 hits.
Cries & Whispers, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1972!
Which were the important events of 20 December 1972 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
- Anders Odden: Norwegian guitarist songwriter and producer (Cadaver Magenta Satyricon and Doctor Midnight & The Mercy Cult).
- Anja Rücker: German sprinter.
- Jan Caloun: hockey forward (Team Czechoslovakia Olympics-gold-1998).
- Jonathan Wyatt in Lower Hutt: New Zealand; 5000 metre (Olympics-1996).
- Neil Simons Sunshine Boys, premieres in New York City
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
- Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
- Al Green - You Ought To Be With Me
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Clair
- Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California
- Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Donna Fargo - Funny Face
- The Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Johnny Rivers - Rockin' Pneumonia - Boogie Woogie Flu
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?