Monday 25 December 1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Me And Mrs. Jones by Billy Paul.
In UK My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry was in the top 5 hits.
Cries & Whispers, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1972!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1972 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Fantasia [Tonya Manley] in Detroit: Michigan, USA; dancer/actress (Pump it Up).
- Josh Freese: American drummer and songwriter (The Vandals and Devo).
- Mac Powell: American musician, singer/songwriter (lead singer of Third Day).
- Qu Yunxia: Chinese runner.
- The Christmas bombing of North Vietnam causes widespread criticism of the U.S. and President Richard Nixon.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Kenny Loggins - Your Mama Don't Dance
- Donna Fargo - Funny Face
- Johnny Rivers - Rockin' Pneumonia - Boogie Woogie Flu
- Curtis Mayfield - Superfly
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
- Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Clair
- Al Green - You Ought To Be With Me
- Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling
- The Osmonds - Crazy Horses
- Little Jimmy Osmond - Long Haired Lover From Liverpool
- Slade - GudBuy T'Jane
- Donny Osmond - Why
- The New Seekers - I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony)
- Neil Reid - Mother Of Mine
- Benny Hill - Ernie (The Fastest Milkman In The West)
- Congregation - Softly Whispering I Love You
- Middle Of The Road - Soley Soley
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 December 1972 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?