Friday 27 August 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to How Can You Mend A Broken Heart by Bee Gees.
In UK I'm Still Waiting by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Haunted Himself, directed by Basil Dearden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1971!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1971 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Aygul Ozkan: German politician.
- Julian Cheung: Hong Kong actor and singer.
- Ernest Faber: Dutch footballer and manager.
- Kyung Lah: South Korean-American journalist.
- Hisayuki Okawa: Japanese runner.
- An attempted coup fails in the African nation of Chad. The Government of Chad accuses Egypt of playing a role in the attempt and breaks off diplomatic relations.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- Five Man Electrical Band - Signs
- Marvin Gaye - Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Sweet Hitch-Hiker
- Three Dog Night - Liar
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 August 1971 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?