Saturday 27 January 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Judy In Disguise (With Glasses) by John Fred & His Playboy Band.
In UK Hello Goodbye by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 1968!
Which were the important events of 27 January 1968 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
- Matt Stover NFL kicker (Cleveland Browns: Baltimore Ravens).
- Rusty Meacham in Stuart: Florida, USA; pitcher (Kansas City Royals, Seattle Mariners).
- Eric Wedge: US baseball catcher (Boston Red Sox).
- Mike Patton in Eureka: California, USA; rocker (Faith No More - "The Real Thing").
- Tracy Lawrence in Atlanta: Texas, USA; country singer ("Sticks and Stones").
- Anthony Pleasant NFL defensive end (Cleveland Browns: Atlanta Falcons).
- Reggie Johnson: NFL tight end (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Tricky : English rapper producer and actor (The Wild Bunch and Massive Attack)
- Patrick Blondeau: French footballer
- Matt Stover: American football player
- Deb Talan: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Weepies)
- Mike Patton: Metal Singer
- Michael Patton: American musician, a rock vocalist. With high school friends he began a group called Mr. Bungle and in the late 1980s he was asked to join another group called Faith No More. He recorded with both groups and began his own record label in 1998. A versatile stylist, he can croon, rap, and sing falsetto with equal ease.
- Tracy Lawrence: American singer, a 6 ft tall, boyish hunk of Country-Western music, big with the female fans. He was the step-son of a banker and a mom who raised six kids, of whom he was more trouble than the lot for getting into things and rowdy behavior, in spite of singing in church choir. He learned guitar and performed at Jamborees from the time he was 15. Two years later he was getting gigs in honky-tonks and clubs. By the time he finished high school he was working with bands.
- Darling of the Day opens at George Abbott Theater NYC for 31 performances
- A French submarine sinks in the Mediterranean Sea with 52 men.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
- The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
- Union Gap - Woman, Woman
- The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me
- The Beatles - Hello Goodbye
- Classics IV - Spooky
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Marvin Gaye - If I Could Build My Whole World Around You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?