Sunday 14 January 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Hello Goodbye by The Beatles.
In UK Hello Goodbye by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1968!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1968 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Eric Guiborel: French criminal, convicted in 1996 of murdering two transvestites in 1994 in Bois de Boulogne, a large public park located along the western edge of the 16th arrondissement of Paris.
- LL J: American rapper known as Ladies Love Cool James.
- Efthimis Bakatsias: Greek basketball player.
- Ruel Fox: English footballer.
- Veikka Gustafsson: Finnish mountaineer.
- Fred[ric] Honebein: San Francisco, California -- Rower (1996 Olympics - 5th Place)
- Florian Gazan: French radio and television host, Claude François was his Godfather. He has participated to the TV and radio show "Les Grosses Têtes", considered as the "new Jean Dutourd" for his general knowledge.
- L L Cool J [James Todd Smith] in Saint Albans: New York, USA; rapper (Bigger and Deffer).
- LL Cool J: American rapper and actor
- Dorothea Mackellar: Australian poet whose stanza "I love a sunburnt country" is one of Australia's best-known pieces of lyric verse, taken from "My Country," written in 1904.
- Soyuz 4 launched
- Super Bowl II: Green Bay Packers beat Oakland Raiders, 33-14 in Miami, Florida; Most Valuable Player: Bart Starr, quarterback.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
- Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
- Union Gap - Woman, Woman
- The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- The Beatles - Hello Goodbye
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Smokey Robinson - I Second That Emotion
- Joe Tex - Skinny Legs And All
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 January 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?