Saturday 6 January 1968, Epiphany
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jerry Crafts and Vlastimil Plavucha in Banska Bystrica.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Hello Goodbye by The Beatles.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Zimmer 13.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1968!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1968 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Jerry Crafts: NFL / WLAF tackle (Philadelphia Eagles, Amsterdam Admirals).
- Vlastimil Plavucha in Banska Bystrica: Czechoslovakia; hockey forward (Team Slovakia).
- John Singleton in Los Angeles: California, USA; director/screenwriter (Boyz in the Hood).
- John Singleton: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Kurt Baschwitz: German/Dutch sociologist/journalist (Heksen), dies at age 81.
- Surveyor 7 (last of series) launched by US for soft-landing on Moon.
- Dr N E Shumway performs first US adult cardiac transplant operation.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hello Goodbye
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Union Gap - Woman, Woman
- Smokey Robinson - I Second That Emotion
- Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
- The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me
- The Fantastic Johnny C - Boogaloo Down Broadway
- Joe Tex - Skinny Legs And All
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?