Friday 19 January 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Whitfield Crane rocker (Ugly Kid Joe-Mad Man and Marty Conlon.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Judy In Disguise (With Glasses) by John Fred & His Playboy Band.
In UK Hello Goodbye by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The World of Beachcomber.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1968!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1968 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Whitfield Crane rocker (Ugly Kid Joe-Mad Man: Too Bad).
- Marty Conlon: NBA forward (Milwaukee Bucks).
- Kimberly Bergalis: American AIDS patient who shocked the nation in September 1990 when she came forward as the first patient who contracted AIDS during a medical procedure.
- Carolina Papaleo: Argentine actress of stage, film and television.
- Whitfield Crane: American singer-songwriter (Ugly Kid Joe Medication Another Animal and Life of Agony).
- Ray Harroun: American race car driver and engineer (d. 1968).
- WKBF TV channel 61 in Cleveland, OH (IND) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
- The Beatles - Hello Goodbye
- Union Gap - Woman, Woman
- The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me
- Smokey Robinson - I Second That Emotion
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Marvin Gaye - If I Could Build My Whole World Around You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?