Thursday 4 January 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Hello Goodbye by The Beatles.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1968!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1968 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Mike Wilpolt: American arena football head coach.
- Patrice Lovely: TV Actress.
- Jackie Harris NFL tight end (Green Bay Packers: Tampa Bay Buccaneers).
- Joseph Pholien: Belgian Prime Minister (1950-52), communist fighter, dies at age 83.
- Duck hunter accidentally shoots endangered whooping crane in Texas
- Leo Fender sells Fender Guitars for US$13 million.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hello Goodbye
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Union Gap - Woman, Woman
- Smokey Robinson - I Second That Emotion
- Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
- The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me
- The Fantastic Johnny C - Boogaloo Down Broadway
- Joe Tex - Skinny Legs And All
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?